Aligning teeth offers many advantages such as
- Cosmetic improvement
- Better airway – expanding the dental arches results in improved airway and breathing
- Easier to clean – teeth that are well aligned are easier to keep clean
- Easier to chew and eat all foods
- More balanced bite to protect teeth from destructive/heavy forces
- Correct jaw relationships to protect the health and function of the jaw joint (TMJ)
At Strathpine Dental Centre we offer a wide range of orthodontic services. A comprehensive dental examination will allow your dentist to advise you of any problems and suggest the suitable treatment options.
Possible treatment options include;
- Conventional orthodontics – ceramic and metal braces
By using a series of clear, removable aligners, Invisalign straightens your teeth with results you’ll notice sooner than you think. The course of treatment involves changing aligners approximately every two weeks, moving your teeth into straighter position step by step, until you have a more beautiful smile. And unlike braces, these clear aligners can be removed while you eat and brush your teeth as usual. They are far more comfortable than braces, eliminating the pain associated with wire changes in fixed braces. The forces are gentler and kinder to your teeth.
An average Invisalign course of treatment takes about a year. You will see your Invisalign Accredited Dentist every 6 to 8 weeks for adjustments and to check progress. At regular intervals, you will receive a new set of custom-molded clear aligners to continue the straightening process. The total number of clear aligners is specific to you, determined by your doctor for your course of treatment.